The Kialla West Cemetery is a small rural cemetery located approximately 10 kilometres south of Shepparton at 7374 Goulburn Valley Highway, Kialla West. Situated behind the Kialla West Primary School on five acres, the cemetery offers a traditional cemetery setting providing cemetery services to the community.
The original 5 acre parcel of land for Kialla West Cemetery was recorded as being set aside for cemetery purpose use in the Victorian Government Gazette on 11 July 1884. The first Kialla West Cemetery Trust was subsequently gazetted on 17 October 1884 comprising of seven trust members.
It is assumed that over time the number of Trustees declined and an approach was subsequently made to Shire of Shepparton to take over as the Trust, “Council of the Shire of Shepparton to be Trustees of the Kialla West Cemetery Trust was subsequently gazetted on 8 October 1986 with the Shire’s first interment undertaken in September 1987.
After the local government amalgamations in 1994 the Shire of Shepparton was combined into the newly created Greater Shepparton City Council (GSCC) with the responsibilities of the Trust transferring with it.
As of 1 July 2021 Pine Lodge is formally a part of the Remembrance Parks Central Victoria cemetery group.
Kialla West Cemetery is welcoming, peaceful and respectful of the values, beliefs and customs of all members of the community. This Cemetery was established with a traditional denominational layout, which is still evident today.
The following sections are provided within the cemetery:
Church of England
Muslim - Adult & Children Section
Non-denominational (Currently no burials)